The gym is available for public use (unless a program is scheduled) Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm is for school ages. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department to confirm the gym is available at 515-986-2143.
Note: The Gym will only be able to be reserved for basketball and volleyball only - no baseball or softball practice will be able to be held in our Gym.
A Team Account must be created and used to book all reservations. The Head Coach (only 1 coach) will need to create an account and enter the team name where it says "Organization" (multiple team accounts are not allowed). If an account has already been created for the Head Coach please go to profile page and enter in team name under the organization.
If this is not for a team and its for personal use no "organization" is needed
Please find the Self Service website to proceed with making a reservation.
Each team will be limited to 20 hours max of the gym from October 1st through April 30th. This will allow for multiple Grimes teams to be able to use the facility. Reservation times will go as the following;
- Phase 1: October 1st to December 31st
- October 1st registration opens at 9 am
- October 19th Gym rentals can start
- December 31st Phase 1 ends
- Phase 2: January 3rd- April 30th
- December 15th registration opens at 9 am
- January 3rd Gym rentals can start
- April 30th Phase 2 ends
How to Purchase Packages & Reserve Gym Space
- First, log in or create an account on our Self Service website.
- Purchase Packages - Once your account has been created you will go to the left side to “Buy” Packages. There are 3 different options for packages; 1 hour, 5 hours, and 10 hours. Remember it’s a total max of 20 hours from October 1st to April 30th. After April 30th all packages are expired and no refunds will be given for any unused hours. If you have unused hours from phase 1, they can be used in phase 2 but will expire on April 30th.
- Reserving - After you have purchased your packages/hours you will then go to “Book Activities” on the left-hand side, this will pull up our main calendar. You will see that Gym Reservations are in yellow. To see if that specific time is available, hover your mouse over “Gym Rental” and it will indicate if there is a spot available. If it says 0, the gym has been booked by another client. Each time slot is 1 hour and starts at the top of the hour.
- Approval - Once you have completed the reserving process, the Parks and Recreation Staff will get an email notification from the system and will double-check all bookings to verify there are no conflicts. If conflicts are found an email will be sent immediately to the coach email on file.
A waiver will be emailed to you. This form must be fully completed prior to the first night of practice. If this is not signed prior to first practice the gym time will not be approved and the reservation will be reopened to the public.
When you have completed reserving practice time, there is absolutely no transferring to another date or refunds. The only time refunds will be given is if the Grimes Community Complex is shut down due to COVID-19 or due to weather.