The General Election is Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Polls will be open from 7 am – 8 pm. Remember to bring your ID with proof of residence.
Register to Vote
You can register to vote on election day but need to bring proof of identity and residence. The best way to do this is with your valid Iowa driver’s license that has your current address printed on it.
If you don’t have an Iowa driver’s license, you can use a photo ID that is current, valid and has an expiration date. If your ID doesn’t have your current address, you can use another electronic/paper document to prove where you live (utility bill, bank statement, paycheck).
If you don’t proof of ID or residence, a registered voter from your precinct may attest for you.
For more information on Election Day registration and to check if you are registered to vote, visit the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
Vote Early In-Person
In-person absentee voting for the November 8 General Election is available Wednesday, October 19 – Monday, November 7. You can vote in your county auditor’s office or at an appropriate satellite location, if available.
2022 Important Dates
- Wednesday, October 19: First day of absentee voting
- Monday, October 24: Deadline to request a mailed absentee ballot
- Saturday, November 5: The auditor's Office will be open for in-person absentee voting
- Monday, November 7: Absentee ballot in-person deadline.
- Tuesday, November 8: General Election polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; the absentee ballot receipt deadline