A boil order, storm damage, or any threat to public safety. We hope emergencies of any size won’t happen to us, but the City is prepared to keep you informed if disaster strikes.
The City of Grimes uses the Wireless Emergency Notification System (WENS) for emergency alerts and snow ordinances. Residents can choose to receive alerts by text message, voice message, or email. Addresses are required to provide geographic-based information or emergency information for specific public safety concerns and weather notifications in your area. These alerts are sent for:
- Watermain breaks & boil orders
- Local public safety threats
- Severe weather alerts (from NOAA)
- Snow ordinance parking bans
- Other emergency situations that require immediate notification
Sign up here.